Well hello there, 2015. When did you sneak up on me? Seems like just yesterday I was plotting out my grand plans for 2014.
Around this time last year, my sister was visiting me in the city. We bopped around DC, enjoyed a snowy Georgetown shopping day, celebrated at a crazy New Years Eve party, and courageously tried out that whole skiing thing for the first time. This New Years Eve was spent quietly at a friend’s house, away from the city traffic and noise – it was perfect. And if my New Years Eve party preferences officially mean I’ve “grown up,” I’m ok with that.
Overall 2014 was a good year to me.
- Moved into my very own studio apartment
- Completed my Front End Web Development course at General Assembly
- Built my very own website
- Traveled to the beach, visited old friends, saw my family more than ever
- Tilly lived in Wisconsin for 6 months (ok, so that part wasn’t so good…) but returned a well-trained dog, restoring peace to the apartment, knock on wood
- Visited the west coast for the first time (as an adult) during a work trip to Seattle
I am excited to see what 2015 has in store. Here are some of my goals and resolutions to work on throughout the new year:
- Blog way more! Last year I slacked in blogging and I’d like to get back in the groove of posting regularly
- Travel to visit my sister in Australia, head south to Columbia & Charleston, explore new destinations
- Take another course and learn something new
- Put my computer skills and beautiful equipment to good use
- Track my finances better using Mint to budget and save more money (sorta contradicts my travel goals, I know)
- Don’t drink soda, something I too easily cheated at in 2014
- Pick up 1 new artistic hobby
2015, be nice to me! Looking forward to seeing how the year rolls out.